«Меня часто спрашивают, какие мои фотографии я считаю лучшими. Мой ответ: те, которые я сделаю завтра».
Марку Рибо (Marc Riboud) было 14 лет, когда он впервые взял в руки фотоаппарат — старый кодак своего отца. Эта камера дала первый толчок увлечению, которое он пронес через всю жизнь. Инженер по образованию, Марк Рибо в самом начале своей карьеры взял недельный отпуск — пофотографировать театральный фестиваль в Лионе. Этих семи дней оказалось достаточно: он никогда больше не вернулся на прежнее место работы.
(Всего 62 фото)
3. Taken three years after the proclamation of the independence of Ghana (1957), this photo shows that colonial habits still persist to this day | Accra, 1960
6. Like thousands of his countrymen, this young mother fled the war of independence in Bangladesh to give birth to her child in a refugee camp in Calcutta | Calcutta, 1971
9. The Japanese hide their mouths when they laugh, because it’s indecent to show the laughter | Grand magasin, Tokyo, 1958
14. Marc was shy. Robert Capa, who wanted to help, told him: “Go to London to see the girls and learn English”. “I spent a year in London, recalls Marc. I have not seen girls (difficult to verify), but I’ve taken thousands of photos”. The East End has always been a poor neighborhood, unsanitary and overcrowded London. Today, this is where the future is built Olympic Stadium. Londres, East End, 1954
25. This famous photo of Marc Riboud, taken in Washington during a protest against the war in Vietnam, is etched in our memories in black and white. It took more than thirty years to discover color. It is by no means a colorization. Marc had forgotten that he had used another box loaded with color film. Now, we know that the flower in the picture is pink. As the name of the young woman: Jane Rose Kasmir. Washington, EUA, 1967
29. The vast majority of Algerians were illiterate. Here, for the workers of a company to elect their representatives, they wear numbers | Algeria, Mitidja, 1963
33. The British Museum, Greek dialogue between a horse came from the Parthenon and a very worthy subject of his majesty | London, 1954
41. The Alcan Highway, or Alaska-Canadian Highway, crosses the north (Delta Junction) to the south (Dawon Creek) | Alaska, 1958
47. Through the lace of the Galata Bridge, to the Golden Horn, does this poor little boy dream about big trips? | Istanbul, 1955
48. The cult of Kali solicits all imagination of the Indian sculptors | Kali’s festival, Calcutta, India, 1956
49. “When I crossed this pass, I hesitated. As I like to travel slowly, the arrow of right attracted me” | Khyber Pass, Afghanistan, 1955
56. Isabela Farova, daughter of Anna Farova, signatory of Charter 77 and member of the big photographic family | Prague, 1981
58. This very popular seaside station, the closest to London, shelters here the intimacy of a couple | Southend-on-Sea, England, 1955